Monday, March 7, 2011

Baby Shower gifts

I have 2 friends that are pregnant (they are due 6 days apart). One is having a girl and the other is having a boy. This is the first baby for both so I wanted to do something special but different for each of them.


For the friend having the girl I made a diaper cake. I used this tutorial as a guide because I like the idea of wrapping the diapers around paper towel tube instead of rolling each diaper individually. I really didn’t count how many diapers I used for each tier, I just added more until I liked that way it looked.


The cake topper is made out of baby socks. I just google “sock roses” to learn how to make them look like roses.

For the friend having a boy I made a diaper wreath. I followed this tutorial.

I really happy with the way they both turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment